Posted by Elmek on April 16, 1998 at 12:15:31:
In Reply to: Re: Whats better? posted by ShockMan on April 16, 1998 at 02:57:04:
1. The Physique deformation system is a _lot_ faster
then BonesPro. This means that you can play your
animations in realtime at a much higher polycount
then bonespro. If you use IK skeleton with BonesPro
and try to animate with your mesh visable you better
have a pritty powerfull computer, with Physique
you prolly wont have a problem even at high
2. Characterstudio comes with a finished and to some
degree custamizable IK skeleton (Biped). With bonespro
you have to build your own. The biped is also _much_
faster then a regular IK skeleton calculated by max.
3. The biped skeleton can plant feet and hands in any possition
eliminating the problem with 'sliding feets' completly.
4. You can copy and paste/mirropaste keyframes with
the biped in a simple way.
5. The Biped can automaticly calculate motions, like
walk, run, jump, but thats mainly good for movies.
I can really only see one thing that makes BonesPro a
better choice then CharacterStudio. CharacterStudio,
because its so good, is _very_ expencive when compared
Well thats my oppinion.
: : Whats better: BONES PRO or
: : Character Studio. ok. thanx.
: bones pro
Post a Followup